Surprising Facts About Smiles
Did you know that smiling creates as much pleasure as eating over a thousand of your favorite chocolate bars? According to a study conducted by Hewlett Packard brain waves associated with pleasure and happiness suggest that seeing a person’s smile, especially a loved ones, will boost your mood. At iDentity Orthodontics, we urge you to smile often! It’s a simple gift to others, yourself, and the world around you.
Here are some surprising facts about smiling:
1. Babies are born smiling
2. Smiling can be detected from over 300 feet away
3. Smiling is contagious, very much like yawning.
4. Big smiles are linked to better health
5. Kids smile more than 400 times a day
6. Smiles make us healthier
7. When you smile, the whole world smiles with you.
For more information, check out Ron Gutman, author of Smile: The Astonishing Powers of a Simple Act (TED Books, 2011).