Do Celebrities Wear Braces?
Orthodontic braces can offer many benefits, including a prettier and healthier smile. And they aren’t just for kids and teens. One in five orthodontic patients today is an adult, and braces aren’t just relegated to the everyday people – even celebrities understand the importance of orthodontic treatment.
“Braces offer important benefits, beyond just the obvious cosmetic reasons,” says Dr. Sara Spector. “A straighter smile means a healthier smile, and that’s something even celebrities can get on board with.”
Here’s a list of celebrities who have worn braces over the years.
- Tom Cruise – The action start sported clear braces at the age of 40, opting for a more aesthetically pleasing way to get a straighter smile.
- Emma Watson – The actress who played Hermione in the Harry Potter films and Belle in the live action Beauty and the Beast, wore braces early in her career.
- Gwen Stefani – The singer sported pink hair and a fulls et of metal braces.
- Miley Cyrus – The singer and actress opted for lingual braces to keep her orthodontic treatment discrete.
- Dakota Fanning – Because the actress grew up in the spotlight, she was often seen sporting her braces on the red carpet.
- Faith Hill – The country singer made the decision to get braces at the age of 45, and even sported them at the Grammy Awards.
- Prince Harry – He may be a prince, but we wasn’t born with perfect teeth. Prince Harry wore braces during her adolescent years.
- Cindy Crawford – She showed that even supermodels can improve their smiles by getting braces as an adult.
- Katherine Heigl – The actress wanted a perfect smile on her wedding day, so she wore Invisalign leading up to the big day.
- Oprah – The queen of talk sported Invisalign to improve her pearly whites.
- Faye Dunaway – The Hollywood icon was photographed wearing metal braces at the age of 61.
- Ariel Winter – The Modern Family star needed braces in real life, so her character Alex Dunphy also sported them.
- Justin Bieber – The singer sported Invisalign aligners and wasn’t shy about showing them off, even posting videos of him talking about them.
- Khloe Kardashian – The youngest Kardashian sister opted for Invisalign at the age of 28.
- Kendall Jenner – Her older sister chose Invisalign, but the first time Jenner had braces she wore traditional metal braces. However, she admitted that she failed to wear her retainer as prescribed and saw her teeth shift. So, a few years after her original treatment, she opted for Invisalign to correct her relapse.
“Braces are for everyone – the famous and the not-yet famous, the young and the young at heart,” says Dr. Spector. “There are so many options available today. Orthodontic treatment is more discrete, efficient and effective than ever before.”
To learn more about how you can benefit from orthodontic treatment, call iDentity Orthodontics today at 847-548-4200.